For this prestigious project we are recruiting for a Deputy Head of Communications - Spokesperson. You will act as the right hand of the Head of Communications of South Steam Transport, to oversee and manage all communications activities for the TurkStream Offshore Pipeline and help coordinate communications for the entire TurkStream Project.
As a subsidiary of PAO Gazprom, South Stream Transport B.V. is responsible for the construction of the TurkStream Offshore Pipeline.
The TurkStream Offshore Pipeline will start in Anapa, Russia, running over 900 kilometres through the Black Sea to the Turkish coast. The pipeline will help secure energy supplies to Turkey and South-Eastern Europe in a reliable and sustainable way. The Project will use state-of-the-art technology, materials and equipment, to safeguard the pipeline’s safe operation for many decades to come.
Management of all SSTTBV Communications:
- Create and implement the overall communications strategy together with the Head of Communications;
- Ensure the day-to-day implementation of this strategy within the Company;
- Daily management of a Communications team of 5;
- Manage and handle the Communications budget including managing and handling of external consultants;
- Provide guidance and advice to senior managers on communications issues.
- Act as a general spokesperson towards media, with the support of the Media Relations Manager and in-country Communications Managers;
- Represent the Company where appropriate, including during crisis situations;
- Support Directors, Deputy Directors and the CEO in their role as spokesperson for the company, including through trainings and message development.
- Master degree in Communications, Political Science or a similar degree;
- At least 7 years’ experience in communications, including in the management of teams;
- Experience as a spokesperson;
- Experience in a communications agency will be a significant asset;
- Has worked in an international environment or on large cross-border projects;
- Ideally, work experience for a similar projects (infrastructure, energy, engineering);
- Hands-on manager with a non-nonsense, pragmatic approach, who takes responsibility for end results;
- High organization and planning skills; able to plan and execute multiple projects in parallel and on time;
- Stress-resistance and ability to work under great time pressure;
- Ability to adapt to new and changing environments;
- Fluency in English (near native) is a must, Russian and Turkish is an asset;
- Resident in the Netherlands (Amsterdam area) or willingness to relocate to Amsterdam;
- Able to frequently travel to Turkey and Russia.
If you have any remaining questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Lucy van der Vlist on +31 20 262 47 26.
If you are interested in this job opportunity we kindly ask you to complete the online application and submit your CV and motivation letter in English. Applications without a CV and motivation letter will not be considered.
Please note that Dutch working permit and residence permit is required.
Please be informed that we do not appreciate acquisition calls/emails from third party recruitment agencies.