For this prestigious project we are recruiting for a Community Liaison Officer (CLO) Turkey. You will directly support SSTTBV’s Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Teams, as the first point of contact and day-to-day interface between the SSTTBV and local communities and stakeholders in Kiyikoy.
The CLO will facilitate SSTTBV’s ongoing relationships with local communities and stakeholders by:
• Receiving and distributing messages and information;
• Providing a forum for grievances to be lodged and managed;
• Providing clear and simple answers to key issues faced by local stakeholders;
• Presenting consistent information to local stakeholders;
• Collecting and responding to issues raised;
• Distributing written material to local stakeholders and explaining its content;
• Meeting stakeholder representatives to ensure information shared is correct.
CLOs are expected to possess experience in consultation, field facilitation, and social data collection.
Initially you will be based in Istanbul. However, this role may require future relocation to an area near Kiyikoy. Internal travel within Turkey and travel to the Netherlands required.
As a subsidiary of PAO Gazprom, South Stream Transport B.V. is responsible for the construction of the TurkStream Offshore Pipeline.
The TurkStream Offshore Pipeline will start in Anapa, Russia, running over 900 kilometres through the Black Sea to the Turkish coast. The pipeline will help secure energy supplies to Turkey and South-Eastern Europe in a reliable and sustainable way. The Project will use state-of-the-art technology, materials and equipment, to safeguard the pipeline’s safe operation for many decades to come.
- Booking, facilitation and participation in consultations with local communities and stakeholders;
- Supporting local information disclosure and communications / awareness raising activities, including the development and translation of materials and their dissemination;
- Acting as a point of contact for local communities and stakeholders seeking information about the Project or who have issues or concerns, and reporting back as appropriate;
- Supporting the implementation and ongoing management of the Grievance Procedure;
- Support the development and implementation of the local CSR / Community Investment Programme.
- Reporting on political, economic and social developments in the local area of relevance to the Project;
- Support collection of primary (field) and secondary data as directed;
- Accompanying Project staff specialists on site visits;
- On-going visits to project area during the construction phase for compliance monitoring, completing field notes / checklists with photos and other evidence as directed;
- Management and maintenance of regional and local stakeholders lists and stakeholder and consultation database, and ongoing support for the SE Program including monitoring and evaluation of SE and CSR programmes;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years field/work experience in the environmental or social sector for a private sector Project
- Ability to work independently and show good judgement
- Experience in primary (field) and secondary socio-economic research
- Experience in undertaking consultations with institutional, non-governmental and community-based stakeholders
- Ability to work in an international and multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Fluency in English and Turkish language
- Good administrative and IT skills
- Knowledge of the local area preferable
- Knowledge of International/IFC Performance Standards and familiarisation of application of aspects of IFC Stakeholder Engagement preferable.
If you have any remaining questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Lucy van der Vlist on +31 20 262 47 26.
If you are interested in this job opportunity we kindly ask you to complete the online application and submit your CV and motivation letter in English. Applications without a CV and motivation letter will not be considered.
Please be informed that we do not appreciate acquisition calls/emails from third party recruitment agencies.