We are looking to recruit a Senior Offshore IRM Expert who will oversee all integrity, in-situ inspection (both internal and external) aspects of the Turkstream offshore gas pipeline construction and commissioning. The proposed pipelines span from the Russian Federation to the Republic of Turkey across the Black sea. The role will be associated with organization, supervision and coordination of operation related tasks (construction engineering, offshore pipe laying, pre-commissioning and commissioning etc.). In essence, the role assumes technical organization of all preparatory work required for Turkstream offshore pipelines Inspection, Repair and Maintenance (IRM) activities. You will be reporting to the Head of Offshore. A strong candidate would also have substantial deep-water hydrocarbon pipeline IRM background as well as integrity management experience in the hydrocarbon industry, preferably of remote location subsea trunk pipelines. You will be based in Amsterdam, however travelling to Turkey and Russia may be required on a regular base.
As a subsidiary of PAO Gazprom, South Stream Transport B.V. is responsible for the construction of the TurkStream Offshore Pipeline.
The TurkStream Offshore Pipeline will start in Anapa, Russia, running over 900 kilometres through the Black Sea to the Turkish coast. The pipeline will help secure energy supplies to Turkey and South-Eastern Europe in a reliable and sustainable way. The Project will use state-of-the-art technology, materials and equipment, to safeguard the pipeline’s safe operation for many decades to come.
- Manage day-to-day activities of Offshore Operations Team and be responsible for adequacy of DFI Resume and Construction Data books of the Turkstream offshore pipeline(s);
- Take part in selection and co-ordination of inspection and maintenance contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers and other relevant parties for safe operation of Turkstream pipelines ensuring identification of interfaces, timely delivery of documentation and Construction Data book;
- Take part in development and approval of operating philosophies, procedures, technical notes, manuals;
- Define and manage all necessary inspection, maintenance and certification activities for the operation of offshore section of the Turkstream pipeline(s);
- Development of the Risk Based Inspection Plan, Pipeline Integrity Management System (PIMS), pipeline operational pigging procedures, cathodic protection measurements/ test report and proposal of the implementation of new additional test points and pipeline maintenance plan;
- Development of inspection methods, internal and external inspection plans for the pipeline system and implemented in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) with associated procedures and planning;
- Development of the Emergency Pipeline Repair System (EPRS) for offshore pipelines; in accordance to company rules, specifications and international standards;
- Perform ad hoc, or on as requested basis, site visits to provide technical support or assist in troubleshooting activities related to Turkstream pipelines construction and operation;
- Participation in pre-commissioning, commissioning and take over into operation procedures for offshore pipelines, act as internal customer from the further operational point of view in coordination with Head of Offshore, System Integration and Commissioning Team;
- Ensure timely performance of deliverables by department in charge;
- Communicate regulatory updates to internal/external clients and parties associated with the Project;
- Provide work scope-related technical support in co-ordination with other SSTTBV departments;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the above reporting line.
- Technical University degree with major in engineering;
- 15+ years of experience in pipeline design, construction and commissioning;
- At least 5 years’ experience with offshore pipelines operations and maintenance;
- Strong knowledge of modern offshore pipeline inspection and repair methods;
- Be competent with major offshore pipeline codes & standards: DNV, API, ASME, ASTM, NACE;
- Have solid experience in managing contractors, sub-contractors, vendors;
- In depth knowledge of entire pipeline (offshore section) project organization;
- Experience of working in international and multicultural environment;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Turkish and Russian is an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to deal tactfully and effectively with internal / external contacts at all levels;
- High energy level, self-motivated with the highest degree of honesty and integrity;
- Excellent people management skills;
- Good organizational and time management / prioritization skills;
- Ability to motivate, influence and train people;
- Ability to develop and build relationships;
- Must be stress and crisis resistant, reliable and highly flexible adjusting to current workload;
- Travelling to Turkey and Russia may be required on a regular base.
If you have any remaining questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Lucy van der Vlist on +31 20 262 47 26.
If you are interested in this job opportunity we kindly ask you to complete the online application and submit your CV and motivation letter in English. Applications without a CV and motivation letter will not be considered.
Please note that Dutch working permit and residence permit is required.
Please be informed that we do not appreciate acquisition calls/emails from third party recruitment agencies.