For this prestigious project we are recruiting for a ROV Survey Expert. You will be responsible for the execution of ROV inspections and survey services related to the project, under the supervision of the Senior Survey Expert or the Head of Survey. You will be the point of contact between the SSTTBV survey team and the Contractor for the planning, organization and execution of ROV inspections and survey services. Furthermore you will be responsible for the review and approval of specifications, scope of works, procedures, schedules and reports pertinent to the ROV inspections and survey operations, in coordination with the Senior Survey Expert or the Head of Survey. Finally, you are responsible for Offshore supervision of the ROV inspections and survey operations; responsible of liaising with survey Contractors offshore. During operations, your delegate will be the Client Offshore Representative and/or the Contractor Offshore Representative. You will be based in Amsterdam and frequent travel and offshore attendance (50% of the year) will be required.
As a subsidiary of PAO Gazprom, South Stream Transport B.V. is responsible for the construction of the TurkStream Offshore Pipeline.
The TurkStream Offshore Pipeline will start in Anapa, Russia, running over 900 kilometres through the Black Sea to the Turkish coast. The pipeline will help secure energy supplies to Turkey and South-Eastern Europe in a reliable and sustainable way. The Project will use state-of-the-art technology, materials and equipment, to safeguard the pipeline’s safe operation for many decades to come.
- Represent onboard SSTTBV during the execution of the ROV inspections, surveys and construction support activities as executed on the survey & construction support vessel(s);
- Participate to support the other departments of SSTTBV: Engineering, ESIA & Permitting, Commercial, Communications, etc;
- Offshore attendance (estimated 50% of working time on maximum 6 weeks rota), office work (estimated minimum 35% of working time), and preform other related duties as assigned. Percentages of office work might increase, and subsequently offshore attendance decrease, in case of peeks of workload.
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) in one of the following subjects: engineering, survey, hydrography, geology, or similar;
- Minimum 5 years (in case of Master degree) or 10 years (in case of Bachelor degree) of proven experience in Oil & Gas projects;
- Experience in project engineering tasks (office based), relevant to the execution of ROV inspection and surveys;
- Proven field experience of ROV inspections and surveys for offshore construction projects, preferably pipeline projects, in the Oil & Gas business;
- Proven experience in Vessel and Rig mobilization. Proven experience in the execution and follow up of operational and technical aspects for survey & positioning and ROV operations;
- Experience in ROV maintenance, mobilization and preparation/setup. Experience in survey instrument maintenance, mobilization and preparation/setup;
- Knowledge of ROV, survey & positioning software’s. Knowledge of video inspection and eventing software, such as VisualWorks or similar. Knowledge or, preferably, training courses for ROV maintenance, ROV visual inspection software, subsea acoustic positioning software such as Sonardyne or Kongsberg Simrad;
- Medical Fitness Certificate for offshore activities: OPITO, HUET, EBS as a minimum;
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English;
- Flexible, open-minded and stress-resistant.
If you have any remaining questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Lucy van der Vlist on +31 20 262 47 26.
If you are interested in this job opportunity we kindly ask you to complete the online application and submit your CV and motivation letter in English. Applications without a CV and motivation letter will not be considered.
Please note that Dutch working permit and residence permit is required.
Please be informed that we do not appreciate acquisition calls/emails from third party recruitment agencies.