We are looking to recruit a Branch Accountant who will be in charge of processing the financial administration of our branch office in Turkey. After a short introduction period in Amsterdam, your position will be based in Turkey. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including branch general ledger preparation, financial reporting, assistance with year-end audit queries and the support for budget and forecast activities in close relation with the head office located in Amsterdam.
As a subsidiary of PAO Gazprom, South Stream Transport B.V. is responsible for the construction of the TurkStream Offshore Pipeline.
The TurkStream Offshore Pipeline will start in Anapa, Russia, running over 900 kilometres through the Black Sea to the Turkish coast. The pipeline will help secure energy supplies to Turkey and South-Eastern Europe in a reliable and sustainable way. The Project will use state-of-the-art technology, materials and equipment, to safeguard the pipeline’s safe operation for many decades to come.
- Timely processing of invoice vouchers, including coding (where applicable), entry, review and approval;
- Maintain and develop AP policies and procedures to ensure they remain up to date, efficient and effective;
- Prepare and control possible payment runs and process these after the right approval;
- Ensure the invoice processing is done in accordance with internal, VAT and other guidelines/regulations;
- Prepare the periodic reporting regarding accounts payable;
- Manage special projects or other tasks within accounts payable;
- Review supplier contracts to ensure services rendered are in line with contractual agreement;
- Validate that payments are in line with contractual agreement;
- Review processing of branch’s employee credit card reports and prepare monthly reconciliation on outstanding reports;
- Assist with queries from external auditors in time;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Finance or Accounting;
- 3-5 years of financial accounting experience, OR Supervisor level from a big four audit firm;
- Experience working with Turkish and IFRS financial accounting standards;
- Experience with accounts payable processes and the month-end close process;
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics accounting system is preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Deadline driven and high level of accuracy;
- Fluent English and Turkish language skills.
If you have any remaining questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Lucy van der Vlist on +31 20 262 47 26.
If you are interested in this job opportunity we kindly ask you to complete the online application and submit your CV and motivation letter in English. Applications without a CV and motivation letter will not be considered.
Please note that Turkish nationality or Turkish working permit and residence permit is required.
Please be informed that we do not appreciate acquisition calls/emails from third party recruitment agencies.