We are looking to recruit a HSSE Turkey Expert who will supervise the implementation of Health & Safety, Security and Environmental Integrated Management System (HSSE-IMS), and related direction, coordination, technical advice and support to the construction of onshore facilities in Turkey and other SSTTBV business activities and personnel in Turkey. Support the Head of AGI, particularly for activities related to onshore Turkey and support for the Head of Branch Turkey.
As a subsidiary of PAO Gazprom, South Stream Transport B.V. is responsible for the construction of the TurkStream Offshore Pipeline.
The TurkStream Offshore Pipeline will start in Anapa, Russia, running over 900 kilometres through the Black Sea to the Turkish coast. The pipeline will help secure energy supplies to Turkey and South-Eastern Europe in a reliable and sustainable way. The Project will use state-of-the-art technology, materials and equipment, to safeguard the pipeline’s safe operation for many decades to come.
- Motivation and encouragement of active leadership and good behaviors related to HSSE at all levels of management, supervisors and workforce implementing the Project in Turkey;
- Transposition and transfer of the requirements of the HSSE-IMS manual and associated technical standards, procedures and guidelines to the implementation of the Project in Turkey, including all plans, procedures and documents developed by Contractors or required by legislation;
- Implementation of the requirements, tasks and activities defined by the HSSE-IMS for all business activities in Turkey;
- Monitoring of HSSE performance in Turkey against SSTTBV objectives and targets, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Risk assessment of Project-level and execution risks related to design, construction and operations, and review and approval of similar risk assessments prepared by Contractors for all business activities in Turkey;
- Supervision of compliance with Turkey national HSSE legislation and international HSSE standards and requirements, including IFC Performance Standards;
- Support for selection and supervision of Contractors, including compliance with HSSE requirements during execution of Contracts, related to all business activities in Turkey;
- Coordination of worker involvement with HSSE related to business activities in Turkey, including occupational health program, information, instruction and training, internal communications and worker representation within the Company;
- HSSE advice and support for office and business travel management in Turkey;
- Performance management of all business activities in Turkey, including participation in HSSE-related meetings at all levels, preparation of HSSE reports and participation in field inspections, assessments and audits
- Incident and emergency response, including central role in incident investigations and crisis management for all such events occurring in Turkey;
- HSSE information management, including data collection and analysis for reporting, incident analysis, action tracking, etc, related to business activities in Turkey;
- Technical advice, guidance and support for SSTTBV personnel;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- University degree in Engineering or similar Engineering qualification;
- HSE Qualified (NEBOSH or equivalent);
- 12 years’ experience in HSSE role;
- 4 years’ experience in similar position;
- Project experience with Onshore Construction/Pipelay and Logistics;
- Experience with ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 management system;
- Membership of recognised professional institutions, registered or certified auditor is beneficial;
- International and Turkish Project experience;
- Demonstrated to work in an international, fast paced, multicultural environment;
- Strong communication, convincing and influencing skills;
- Fluent in English and Turkish (spoken and written).
If you have any remaining questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Lucy van der Vlist on +31 20 262 47 26.
If you are interested in this job opportunity we kindly ask you to complete the online application and submit your CV and motivation letter in English. Applications without a CV and motivation letter will not be considered.
Please note that Turkish working permit and residence permit is required.
Please be informed that we do not appreciate acquisition calls/emails from third party recruitment agencies.